This seal of excellence is earned only by very select items. Although all DAW products meet the highest standard of quality, the “Signature of Excellence” items address themselves to the select patients who demand the best of the best.
DAW SUCTION SOCKET SHEATH
DAW provides a solution even for the suction socket wearer who has a friction/abrasion problem in the proximal medial area of the residual limb. This exclusive design will not impair suction when properly fitted.
CLAIM TO FAME
- Protects soft tissues of the brim area, especially in the medial aspect of the residual limb
- Reduces or eliminates irritation, bruising, and abrasions
- facilitates the proper donning of the prosthesis
- Measure the external circumference of the proximal socket brim; Follow the diagonal, lateral to medial. (Measure the socket, not the limb)
- Read the corresponding size on the chart below:
Four easy steps for properly fitting the DAW suction socket sheath
||Apply the self adhesive foam strip around the socket brim, externally, and following the contour of the brim (approximately 1-1/2” below the top of the socket.)
||Fold the prosthetic sheath over the socket brim of the prosthesis so that the elastic band is below the self-adhesive foam strip. Tie the string on the lateral side. Tuck the knot under the elastic band.
||Insert the residual limb in the socket in the usual manner with the DAW Slipper™, the DAW E.Z. IN™, or a pull sock.
||Should the suction not be secure, the sheath is too far down in the socket. To avoid this, go back to step one and move the self-adhesive doam strip further down.